Awesome? We want to hear from you.
At World West Technologies Inc., we value innovation. We provide leading-edge software products and technical consulting services to enterprises, primarily in the financial, insurance, and healthcare sectors. Located in Vancouver, B.C., we provide a fast-paced work environment with opportunities for you to grow in your career.
We’re always on the lookout for top performers in software engineering and solutions architecture.
Current career openings:
SENIOR JAVA EE DEVELOPER
Contract to hire, three-month initial engagement, rate , rate depends on experience
World West develops enterprise applications for customers in the financial, insurance, health care and other industries. Our customers leverage our vast collective consulting and product development experience to implement reliable, highly available, highly secure applications and services that enable stable connectivity for mission-critical operations. By utilizing solid design and mature development processes, we implement long-term savings for our customers in the maintainability, reliability, flexibility, simplicity and elegance of Mobius-enabled middle-tier connectivity between enterprise systems.
As the developer of the Mobius enterprise application integration platform, we utilize Mobius together with our methodologies, secure coding practices, standards and recommendations from W3C, Oasis, OMG, PCI, IEEE and ISO coupled with industry best practices to implement effective service oriented architectures for our customers’ enterprises, to resolve advanced connectivity and interfacing issues, and to build HTML5 user interfaces that run ubiquitously across desktop and mobile devices.
We are currently seeking a Senior Java EE Developer to join our growing team. The selected individual will have at last five years’ experience working in a professional consultant capacity, with the ability to work effectively from their own home/office environment, at our offices at downtown Vancouver, and / or onsite with customers as required. The developer must be comfortable coding directly within the core Java EE, HTML5 and XML frameworks.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills and experience in the following areas:
- Scalable Java Enterprise development (J2EE), including extensive use of JSP Pages, Servlets, Session Beans, Entity Beans, Bean Managed Persistence (BMP) and SQL.
- XML, XML Schema (XSD), XML Stylesheets (XSLT) 2.0/3.0, XPath and other related W3C recommendations, including use of JAXP, DOM and SAX.
- SOAP standards including WS-I recommendations
- SQL, including data modeling, especially ANSI SQL, MariaDB, MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle
- JSON, JSON-LD and RESTful services
- Highly available web applications and services, especially using JBoss
- Network communications including TCP/IP sockets and HTTP transports
- Secure development and deployment modeling and implementation using best practices from PCI and OWASP.
- Object Orientation, Service Orientation
- Windows, *NIX environments
Nice to have skills include:
- Reverse Engineering
- UML Modeling, especially using Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Knowledge of the financial services IT landscape
- Temenos T24 experience
- Knowledge of the health care services IT landscape
- HL7 experience
For further information, please submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.